Hi, new to the site, got recommended from the org. I've got a early 99 powerstroke (with 387k) that I'm thinking about entering in some pulls. I have no clue other than that. Complete newbie.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know what I should inspect and whatnot before hooking up. also, weather or not a programmer would dq me from an otherwise stock truck (DIY intake, 5" Exhaust). And what I'm most likely to break, if anything.

Guest Chvyrkr

No, stock classes assume you'll be running some mods, usually they limit you to a completely stock turbo, and that's what makes it a stock class.

Some places are pretty much anything goes as long as the turbo is stock.

As far as inspecting things, make sure your ujoints are in decent shape, make sure 4 lo works, top off the fluids and hammer on it. A stock 7.3 isn't gonna break anything that isn't already on it's way out.

Here are the Work Stock rules. WS would be the class you would pull in. http://www.truckpull...orkstock-rules/

A chip wouldn't disqualify you from the pull. It would just guarantee you to not pull very far. :lol:

Everything in the drive line is vulnerable. What kind of transmission do you have?

You wouldn't pull far with a chip? or is that a typo?

I've got an auto with 80-90k on it.

Guest Chvyrkr

He means with the sled being set for the 500 HP + stock turbo duramax's a 7.3 with a chip will be handicapped.

It's still fun though, IMO it don't matter how you place.

He means with the sled being set for the 500 HP + stock turbo duramax's a 7.3 with a chip will be handicapped.

It's still fun though, IMO it don't matter how you place.

haha oh, well that is true.... I have a feeling I'm gonna get walked on with my weak injectors....

Might as well show up though, worst that could happen is I break something....

Guest Chvyrkr

Almost guarantee you won't. Pull in 4lo, drive, with OD locked out.

As soon as you get to the upper RPM's in 1st, pull it out of drive to 2nd and leave it there.

Cool. I know I won't have much of a chance, being as the other trucks are all 6.0's and an 06 h.o. cummins, but at least I know I should be able to walk away in one piece lol.

I'ts funny, because the guy with the cummins is the one that wants me there, he's tired of pullin against 6.0's

Guest Goose

No. Any pull is welcome here. The site is new and growing. The big "pulling" states were added when the site launched and other states will be added when needed. Ill get you fixed up with Il.