Hey everybody i am new to this site and kinda new to truck pulling. I run all the local mud boggs in Memphis tenn and recently i was asked to run a truck pull at the delta fair here in Memphis tenn i have the classes worked up and the pay back please tell me what you think and if you might attend

classes

Gas class 1- streetlegal gas truck anything goes must be street legal

Gas class 2- anything goes does not have to be street legal

Stock diesel class- Stock turbo, aftermarket intake, exhaust, and programming is allowed no visible performance mods other than intake and exhaist max weight 8500lbs

Diesel class 2- stock turbo fuel system modifications allowed, hanging wieghts allowed, Max weight 8500lbs

Diesel class 3- aftermarket turbos, hanging weights allowed max weight 9000lbs.

Diesel class 4- anything goes nitrous, propane, water methanol no weight limit

Rules

• First Puller in each class gets the option to re-pull
  • 1'' Suspension travel in all classes except Diesel 4
  • If you break a drive shaft an you dont have u-joint shields your pull is disqualified. If you break a drive shaft an you have shields your pull counts.
  • If your hitch breaks you are disqualified .
  • If you are unable to drive the truck off the track you are disqualified.
  • If you are not able to reach 75ft. you may back up an start over one time.
  • All tires must be DOT legal uncut
  • Exhaust must exit behind the cab in all classes except Diesel 4
  • The three members of the tech staff will address anything the tech staff finds unsafe or unfair. Three tech staff members will be present on each tech inspection.
  • Nitrous, Propane, Water-methanol allowed only in Diesel class 4
  • If a truck is over 8500 lbs. in the stock diesel class tech staff has the option to let them pull if no weight has been added. Dont show up with a full tank of diesel an be over 8500 and expect to pull

For questions about classes or rules call Danny Griggs 901-907-5612

please tell me what you thing and thank you

Guest Chvyrkr

The Delta Fair pull is usually a good one from what I understand. I've never personally made it down to pull there, always had a broken truck or something keepin me home. Is it an MSDP sanctioned pull this year?

If you're interested in some humble observations:

Rules

• First Puller in each class gets the option to re-pull (Good rule.)
  • 1'' Suspension travel in all classes except Diesel 4 (This rule is outdated, as a 1" mandatory suspension travel does very little to effectively limit the gains of a blocked suspension system, and simply allows that same suspension system the minimum travel it needs to gain the momentum to slowly, or very quickly, destroy itself as wheel hop on the track is experienced. Nearly every pulling organization has gone to a rigid block allowance, including NADM, in all classes above "work" or "street" stock. Specific rules for suspension travel in those classes differ.)
  • If you break a drive shaft an you dont have u-joint shields your pull is disqualified. If you break a drive shaft and you have shields your pull counts. (Good rule, don't know that I've seen that approach anywhere else, I kinda like it.)
  • If your hitch breaks you are disqualified. (Good rule)
  • If you are unable to drive the truck off the track you are disqualified. (Questionable rule. I've seen plenty of pullers give it their all to put on a good show, and end up breaking after making it into the top 5 positions. If you DQ'd a puller in the top spots because he'd sacrificed his truck to get there, I doubt he'd ever return, or speak kindly of the pull to his pulling buddies.)
  • If you are not able to reach 75ft. you may back up an start over one time. (Good rule)
  • All tires must be DOT legal uncut. (Good rule)
  • Exhaust must exit behind the cab in all classes except Diesel 4. (Good rule)
  • The three members of the tech staff will address anything the tech staff finds unsafe or unfair. Three tech staff members will be present on each tech inspection. (Good rule)
  • Nitrous, Propane, Water-methanol allowed only in Diesel class 4. (Good rule)
  • If a truck is over 8500 lbs. in the stock diesel class tech staff has the option to let them pull if no weight has been added. Dont show up with a full tank of diesel an be over 8500 and expect to pull. (Good rule)

I'd recommend adding a max hitch height rule, if you haven't already done so. 26" is pretty standard for 4WD trucks, and 2WD are usually allowed 30".

Also, if y'all ain't dead set on the weights, I'd strongly recommend limiting at least Diesel Class 3 to 8500 pounds. 9000 is quite a bit of weight, I see that breaking more trucks than the advantage would be worth.

I'd love to make the pull, but if the suspension travel rules weren't altered I doubt I'd pull. That rule gives me chills lol.

Oh, and welcome to the site!

man thanks guys and ya those rules were ones i kind a came up with thats why i put them on here was to get feed back weather it was neg or pos i am still working on the date and everthing else i will let yall know and is there any other sites i should post all of this

OK EVERYBODY I GOT THE TIMES AND DATE IT WILL BE ON SEPTEMBER THE 3RD REGISTRATION IS FROM 1 P.M. TO 3 P.M. PULLING STARTS AT 4 P.M. ITS 30$ A CLASS THAT GETS YOU INTO THE FAIR ALSO AND I WILL HAVE FORMS ON THE DELTA FAIR WEB SITE FOR EARLY REGISTRATION IT IS ALSO 70% PAY BACK IN EACH CLASS