well im all over the web.... Dustin Fletcher, 21

95 Cummins RCLB 4X4 manualmatic 47RH, getting built right now

here is a current pic of the truck

014.jpg

sponsored by BBD

" Automatically BeCumminbroke "

95 RCLB, 4x4, Manualmatic Transmission

Special Thanks To

Dirty South Diesel, BBD Diesel, Haisley Machine, Scheid Diesel, Pure Diesel Power, Goerend Trans, Cummins Performance Parts, Isspro

2011 Updates - New Motor, New Trans, New Air, More Fuel, New Suspension = Quick Diesel

thanks guys..... this is looking to be a great site dedicated just for the pulling nation.... now where is the drag racing one too ? :)

Special Thanks To

Dirty South Diesel, BBD Diesel, Haisley Machine, Scheid Diesel, Pure Diesel Power, Goerend Trans, Cummins Performance Parts, Isspro

2011 Updates - New Motor, New Trans, New Air, More Fuel, New Suspension = Quick Diesel

got the truck up and running finally

Special Thanks To

i should have up another video tonight.... you really can hear the lope like it is in person... the truck itself is getting there... the trans should be in tonight

Special Thanks To

i have a manual valve bodied 47RH with a TCI Outlaw Gate shifter... billet here billet there.... all goerend parts with sonnax goodies and the stupid ATS Billet Solid Plate (no flex in it) its my second one

Special Thanks To

yeah its seeming to be a great trans when its together. i think it will be great for everything.... its very easy to drive too

Special Thanks To

well goerend built the custom valve body.... its like the same in a V8 car but this one is specifically made for my truck... i just shift it... if i put it in D its in 3rd..... 4th is a toggle switch and lock up is a toggle switch

Special Thanks To

yes sir.... thats what this truck is gearing towards but i also plan on putting a "stock appearing" turbo onto it for work stock class

Special Thanks To

Ok cool. As a matter of fact I'm sitting at the drag strip now just seeing how my Blackberry handles the site. Pretty good so far.

Anyway, my buddy that I'm hear to watch race and I gear talk all the time, him and his 5 second mustang (in the 1/8), and me sled pulling. The more we talk the more I think that set up is excellent for a sled truck. I think the difference would come into play with how and when to lock the converter, but over all I will be giving it a serious look when I finally get to build a puller.

EDIT:

Here's my friends race car (after the rain cleared), so this is what we are always discussing and wondering what would transfer over to pulling...... This set up is pretty slick. Trans brake, 800 horse motor, 250 shot then 150 shot with two speed trans. The car launches on motor, then 60 ft or something the 250 shot hits, and 7 tenths later the 150 shot hits. All automatic. He rolls up, hits the trans brake to stage, stages (foot to floor), tree lights up, let go of the trans brake and keep foot on the floor..... car does the rest, just hang on..... He ran his first sub 5 second pass yesterday....which actually lost him the 5.0 index race. Anyway, I really like his set up, and will give it a lot of thought when building a pulling truck. The addition I will be adding will be manual lock up switch for sure, but overall I will be picking his brain about this set up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEpnAf9SPI4

FTE-sig.jpg

yeah the game plan is to have the best of both worlds.... i only know of one truck personally other than mine that has one.... goerend has built a few but he said that he would try one which means i think im the only 47RH with a manual goerend valve body.... and im darn proud of that..... he builds great things.... great warrenties too.... i broke one of his triple disk ones and it was replaced quick.... amazing company

Special Thanks To

yup thats the reason why he has a lifetime customer as does brice at BBD.....

that car scoots..... looks great... just a straight 1/8 car? that thing is nasty....

Special Thanks To

Yeah, he had an offer to run it on the quarter, but it was before he had everything worked out. They pretty much just worked out the kinks about a month ago. They've been building it for over a year I think. He used to round track race, so the car is about 10 years ahead of their drag racing experience.... Sweet ride, and I'll be borrowing his expertise in motor sports for sure for my build

FTE-sig.jpg

thats great.... i hope he can help ya a lot... i love to talk to those guys all the time.... picking brains is the best

Special Thanks To