royalflush

what are you running for shocks

Guest Leadfoot

A few guys sent PM's and emails asking about my set-up.  It's easier to look at pictures than describe...so:

post-148-0-00527600-1359548642_thumb.jpg

post-148-0-21793100-1359548648_thumb.jpg

post-148-0-31305200-1359548653_thumb.jpg

post-148-0-32776900-1359548659_thumb.jpg

Funny I believe my truck is an automatic and finished fifth in points and finished in the top three several times so keep your automatic its about getting your power to the ground and gearing so you guys can knock on automatic all you want I do believe another automatic in the class putting his truck out front several times.

Guest Leadfoot

My final drive is 22:1

You either have some serious oats or you have a small tire with that final...

how are u geared? what kinda power?

my final drive is 24.30 power with old motor i have no idea. does good against guys with 550-675 anything over that they are about 5-10 feet in front of me.

Well i dont mean to be an ass but you bring a motor that small up to our class we will be wait out in front of you. We got a truck in our class thats 850 n he is very competitive. You need 850 or better to compete in our class. 

Well i dont mean to be an ass but you bring a motor that small up to our class we will be wait out in front of you. We got a truck in our class thats 850 n he is very competitive. You need 850 or better to compete in our class. 

oh my new motor is up there in that power range now.

i used to run a jegs xhd converter that stalled around 4200. i was 22 to 1 at the time. i bought tthomps old ptc converter thaf was set up for his motor at the time, and went to 25 to 1 and turned nearly tbe same rpm. it stalls at 2900 with my application. but it goes farther down the track. and contrary to some beliefs, it breaks parts now. lol

i went to a PTC converter this year an switched to a 26.3 to 1 final drive since my motor falls about 900 rpms from start to finish in the pull. still running the 383 since my 470 stroker broke on the dyno again... took out a cam bearing