Anyone run electric fans on there street stock truck instead of the fan off the stock fan? Looking at adding electric fans to our truck this year and hoping for a few extra ponies.

if you have a clutch fan power savings is not that much to worry about.   if fan runs off water pump, u save wear on water pump bearings and seals at high rpm, and going ele i view as a safety upgrade.  no longer are u spinning a fan and shaft at excessive rpms.

One of our trucks has dual electric fans with a aluminum fan shroud and its wired to run all the time off a switch or kick on around 150-160F. This is on our diesel truck but didnt notice any HP gains from it but it definetly cools 10x better. On a gasser i can see a HP gain being achievable. Less drag on the motor.

I run a Flex a Lite 298 in my 80 with a 496 and have no heat issues.

I ran a mechanical fan both with V belt and then with serpentine (reverse rotation), but didn't like the fan spinning so fast.  I eventually went electric because our class required that or a 360 degree shield which would have been a PITA.  I'm glad I went electric fan though as it nice to be able to run them with the truck off.

I now have a custom idler (because I run the GM Performance parts serpentine setup) and switched to electric water pump as well.

The electric fan was nice because I could run it after shutdown (but the block still "cooked"), pairing it with and electric water pump (if rules allow) is well worth it (especially if you are already running wiring and switch for the fans) as it will circulate coolant after shutdown and cool motor MUCH faster and there is no temperature shock to the block from cooling the radiator down with just fans and then starting vehicle.

I believe we are gonna try the electric fans so we can eliminate the mechanical fan for sure. From what I hear it definitely sounds like the way to go.

While your doing it add an electric water pump so u can run it also when the trucks not running. You can shit the truck off after a pull and run fan and water pump together and the truck cools down very quickly instead of letting it cook.