Hi guys,

I have an 87' chevy 1/2 ton that I pulled for the first time last year. I made it 260ft under 3500 rpm but my converter was slipping the entire way which is why I couldn't even kick the four barrel in. I have a very healthy small block (dynoed 573.3hp and 534tq) that is matched to a tci maximizer 700r4 which has been a great transmission for 2300 miles. I have a tci saturday night special converter with a 2000 stall (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TCI-242700/) that I am now unhappy with. All that being said, I figured someone on this site can give me some idea as to what converter would be a good heavy-duty towing application and will take abuse. I see a lot of standards at the pulls but I like stomping Mustangs with my arm around my girlfriend. Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was always told that as far as torque convertors go, you want to go with stock or something just a tad bit more then stock, but I never pulled a auto I always pulled trucks with 4 spds and I just put them in 4lo and 2nd gear it down the track.

I got 99 problems and that sled aint one. If your havin truck problems I feel bad for you son.

1975 F250 4X4 with 1978 F100 body.... Yeah I have the Baddest F100 around :P (Project in the works)

1981 Chevy K10... Lokal Yokal Pull Toy.