Guest Leadfoot

Any clubs running a 500CI (or similar) class with no "hanging" weight

Guest PERFORMANCETRUCK

I DON'T KNOW WHATS WORSE A UNDER PAID OVER WORKED TECH WHO DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT :o OR WHINNY ASS TRUCK PULLERS WHO BITCH AND COMPLAIN ABOUT OTHER PULLERS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T BEAT THEM. IF SOMEONE IS SO SURE THAT PULLERS ARE CHEATING THEN MAN UP AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS AND IF NOT KEEP YOUR PIE HOLE SHUT AND STAY ON THE PORCH W/ YOUR BALLS IN A HANDBAG. :(

I DON'T KNOW WHATS WORSE A UNDER PAID OVER WORKED TECH WHO DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT :o OR WHINNY ASS TRUCK PULLERS WHO BITCH AND COMPLAIN ABOUT OTHER PULLERS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T BEAT THEM. IF SOMEONE IS SO SURE THAT PULLERS ARE CHEATING THEN MAN UP AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS AND IF NOT KEEP YOUR PIE HOLE SHUT AND STAY ON THE PORCH W/ YOUR BALLS IN A HANDBAG. :(

has nothing to do with beating anyone...and it has even less to do with you jason...and it didn`t cost me a dime to see what i saw! ;) my work is done here!

Guest PERFORMANCETRUCK

has nothing to do with beating anyone...and it has even less to do with you jason...and it didn`t cost me a dime to see what i saw! ;) my work is done here!

Well then tell us what you saw and when you saw it.

Guest PERFORMANCETRUCK

COTPC is a joke!!! I will put the shiTTT on there,tell'em it's there and bet them they can't find it! You can't find what you don't know. Big power can be done with no weights but it will take some work.

YOU COULD PUT ALL THE NOS ON YOU WANTED AND IT STILL WOULDN'T GET YA IN THE TOP 5. :P

Well then tell us what you saw and when you saw it.

No, thats ok. I have rested my case now... If people wish not to believe me, that is their choice...If you read closely through the thread, its all there. Like i said, I will not mention the name.. It does not affect me anymore. and it does not affect you either. i threw this out here for a purpose, like i said, kinda like fishn for blugills..B)

As the title states, are there any clubs/groups who run a "cheater stock" type of class that doesn't allow "hanging" weights?

If "hanging" weights are not allowed, are they allowed in areas of than bed/cargo area?

We upped our enhance class from stock stroke to a 502CI limit to allow some GM crate 502's to pull with us. The stock 502's were nothing to worry about, but now guys are building 496's. Given specific crank, rod, piston materials, it's just as cheap (within a few bucks) to build a 500 as it is a stock stroke 454. Then it's very little extra to go from low compression to high compression (assuming good parts were used on the rotating assembly and block).

I'm wondering what's going to happen to the class as power goes up, but weight (and more importantly placement) stays the same. In our rules weight is acceptable anywhere as long as it is safe, secure, can't be seen, and no furthur forward than front OEM bumper (no non OEM bumpers allowed).

Obviously hanging weight is an easy fix for much of the bouncing associated with this setup, but wondering if there are groups that have done something similar (without hanging weight) and how it has gone?

I pull in a street stock class with a 480ci limit, and no hanging weight. All added ballast must be in the bed. It's not easy to keep the truck settled down, but its fun!

Guest Leadfoot

I pull in a street stock class with a 480ci limit, and no hanging weight. All added ballast must be in the bed. It's not easy to keep the truck settled down, but its fun!

480CI That is a new one to me. Assuming a standardish 460 overbore?

Is your class 6200lbs or something else?

480CI That is a new one to me. Assuming a standardish 460 overbore?

Is your class 6200lbs or something else?

6300 lbs. The cube limit was just a number we picked that was slightly higher than the largest engine (Ford) that is .060" over.

NW PA Pullers

Guest ShaZam

6300 lbs. The cube limit was just a number we picked that was slightly higher than the largest engine (Ford) that is .060" over.

NW PA Pullers

Don't know who's doing the math here but I know a Stock 460 block can be made into a 557 for dirt cheap with good parts.

Dan

Don't know who's doing the math here but I know a Stock 460 block can be made into a 557 for dirt cheap with good parts.

Dan

It's a street stock class, most use stock rotating assembly with overbore pistons, so again, it is just a number slightly higher than what an overbored stock stroked engine would be. We had to pick some number to level the playing field to help eliminate any one brand being at a cube disadvantage and allow budget builds to be competitive too. 557's not necessary in a non-hanging weight street stock class. There are other classes for pullers who want to build engines like big.

After reading the entire thread I am just going to say at least you guys have rules and seem to have then enforced to some degree. I am from southwestern Pa and our sactioning body has the most open rule set I know of, due to their lack of wanting to actually tech trucks... I run what they call 6300 open street legal... There is absolutely no rules specifying and engine displacement or anything whatsoever about engine specifics... They merely state no Nos, or alcohol fuels... We have to have so many feet of exhaust through a muffler system. Which equates to most guys hangin some 4 inch pipe off of their stahl headers with race bullets.. Hanging weight is ok, it's supposed to be street legal but guys are running rear ends with all the braking hardware stripped off and electric hydraulic steering... The average street stock/ street modified can't even touch the top guys who are running 5-600 cubic inch engines... It's basically a light weight Run What Ya Brung. We have a 540 prostreet class that is going downhill because they can drop back and jam springs back under their trucks and run our class... It's a total cluster F@$k.. I wish we had a true modified street class with a good rule set! I don't want to build a 550 cubic inch stroker with huge aluminum heads, a dominator carb and stahl 2 1/4" tube headers and an equivalent chassis to run it, but I am forced to if I have any desire to compete whatsoever. Anyone who shows up to pull their street driven truck has to run this class against 900 horsepower big hammers, what a joke!!

After reading the entire thread I am just going to say at least you guys have rules and seem to have then enforced to some degree. I am from southwestern Pa and our sactioning body has the most open rule set I know of, due to their lack of wanting to actually tech trucks... I run what they call 6300 open street legal... There is absolutely no rules specifying and engine displacement or anything whatsoever about engine specifics... They merely state no Nos, or alcohol fuels... We have to have so many feet of exhaust through a muffler system. Which equates to most guys hangin some 4 inch pipe off of their stahl headers with race bullets.. Hanging weight is ok, it's supposed to be street legal but guys are running rear ends with all the braking hardware stripped off and electric hydraulic steering... The average street stock/ street modified can't even touch the top guys who are running 5-600 cubic inch engines... It's basically a light weight Run What Ya Brung. We have a 540 prostreet class that is going downhill because they can drop back and jam springs back under their trucks and run our class... It's a total cluster F@$k.. I wish we had a true modified street class with a good rule set! I don't want to build a 550 cubic inch stroker with huge aluminum heads, a dominator carb and stahl 2 1/4" tube headers and an equivalent chassis to run it, but I am forced to if I have any desire to compete whatsoever. Anyone who shows up to pull their street driven truck has to run this class against 900 horsepower big hammers, what a joke!!

there is a guy in our class that has a 555 ci big block in a class limited to only 470 ci... comes down to who you know, i only know what he has cause the guy that builds my motors was putting it together when i picked up mine.

I've pulled with you guys at Hookstown and Big Knob.  Yeah, I'd have to agree that it's a little out of hand.  Somehow you still get 20 trucks almost every pull though.  It'd take a bunch of you guys not at the top that go to all the pulls to go PPP and make a case.  Seems that if this keeps up, the truck count will suffer, but I've been wrong before.

Guest bowtie7

Careful what you wish for not saying there don't need to be rules.but if have rules like cotpc they put thing in and say it a Safety issue in two class but the rwb class it ok. What the difference safety is safety.

Guest bowtie7

Just because one truck has a shaft brake and someone doesn't like it. They make it a safety issue.

Yeah, and you'll have that anywhere I suppose. It'd just be nice to have a more competitive cheater stock type class around here. I've gone north to the Mercer, Meadville Pa area and pulled their 480 no weight hangin class and it was a lot more fun. But that's a 2 hour drive for me. There is also a good cheater stock class over around zanesville, Ohio but there again 1 hour 45 minute drive. It'd be nice if our sanctioning body would adopt the rules of surrounding clubs, the turnout would be a lot better!

I run at those pulls in PA also and I went a long time getting pounded by the trucks that came from PA so when I had to do something about a new motor because my 468 was wore out I wasn't building a small cube motor when u can build a big one for not much more money.

I don't think that anyone would debate there are some cheap kits out there to make big cubes, but I believe the point is that most pullers out there prefer there be a limit or some limits to keep classes from getting out of hand and have healthy competition, that's all. There's always those who don't though and if no one's willing to tech than it doesn't make a difference anyhow.  Many have pointed this out on these forums before.

Guest bowtie7

But you have to have a tech that know what there doing and dont let other puller tell them how to tech.

You will never get that with power pulling productions all they care about is the super stocks anyway . But ever since I started pulling with them they have never had a cubic inch limit.they do that so they don't have to tech trucks.

The only tech my truck got this year at a Power Pulling event was a quick check for 2 inches of suspension travel... Nothing more! The smell of burning ethanol coming out of my exhaust didn't phase the tech guys one bit, hahaha