Sign in to follow this  
nyuk

14 BOLT

Guest Leadfoot

A 70's 14bolt?

SRW, DRW, or C&C?

I put them on a 80 (same as 73 to 85ish, 86+ uses a slip off drum but still pretty much the same) SRW 14bolt and went with a TSM kit with E-Brake to pass MA state inspection.

What did you want to know?

A 70's 14bolt?

SRW, DRW, or C&C?

I put them on a 80 (same as 73 to 85ish, 86+ uses a slip off drum but still pretty much the same) SRW 14bolt and went with a TSM kit with E-Brake to pass MA state inspection.

What did you want to know?

Full Floater. I'm looking for a bolt on kit that uses the square bolt pattern (backing plate) to hang the calipers. I need E-Brakes too.

Full Floater. I'm looking for a bolt on kit that uses the square bolt pattern (backing plate) to hang the calipers. I need E-Brakes too.

Guest Leadfoot

www.diy4x.com has the single piece caliper mounts and hardware to mount 73-87 GM 3/4 ton front rotors and calipers on a 14FF SRW/DRW. He also has kits for a cab and chassis axle but they are different (if memory serves me correctly).

If you need e-brakes to pass inspection like I did, you can purchase any 73-87 GM 3/4 front rotors and purchase a set of 70's Eldorado calipers (VERY TOUGH TO FIND), or the caliper kit from TSM www.tsmmfg.com

Guest Leadfoot

Thanks.

Also thought I'ld mention that my 1980 E-brake cables "work" but look funny as the portion that used to bolt to the backing plate now sits under my axle tube. I'm thinking about getting custom lines or making a bracket to weld to the axle that the original cable mounts will bolt to. If I'm not mistaken (and I could be), I thought the later e-brake cables might have been a different style and don't know how well they will or won't work. If I think of it, I'll snap a pick of my setup to show you what I mean.