Sign in to follow this  
mightyrat

Wheels turning inside the tires!

Guest Leadfoot

I've found once they have spun, they spin a lot easier. The wheel slips, spins on the rim, heats up, and smooths out the bead area allowing for easier slip next time.

Scuffing the bead surface of the rim prior to install helps but scuffing too much can lead to small air leaks. Beadlocks? I've NEVER seen it done, but I've heard guys who can't use screws because of the rules, use a two part epoxy type adhesive. What they use, I have NO idea on and I can only image what would ever happen if you then had to unmount them (although not usually a big issue for dedicated pullers).

What kind of rim/tire are you using?

Guest Leadfoot

just a white spoke wheel 33x12.50 -15 truxs sts tires.

Steel rims (especially chrome or painted) tend to leave a very smooth bead surface. Try scuffing it, but as stated some damage has already been done to the tire.

Also if you know of any hard core demolition derby guys in your area, ask them for tips. Those are the guys I've actually seen "glue" tires to the rim. Although I've never asked what they use, but have seen their tires go completely flat and still stay attached to the rim.....FWIW