work stock rule idea

Guest Chvyrkr

LMAO Fuck no that turd 2wd wouldn't hold a candle to the one I"m talking about. Call around and ask about Dale Calender. It's a Red CC 4wd dually.

And YOU CAN KMA!!! Chvyrkr

Thought I was mostly backin you up grouch...

Guest mech2161
And nobody is saying to limit WS to a certain dollar amount. I just think you're an idiot if you spend more money on your WS than some winning 2.6 trucks have in them. I'll think about your truck beating mine for about two seconds.

Then I write you off as a retard. Happens all the time.

:mellow: I thought you were talking about me. I do jump to fast some times. Seriously, ask around about the truck I'm talking about. I'm not sure but I don't know of any videos of it.

Here's a video of him pulling the front tire at the end of the track in the pulloff at the end of the video.

1999 Dodge - Puller

2002 Dodge - Tow Rig

1999 Dodge - Project Truck... Heartless, awaiting transplant.

Guest Chvyrkr

:mellow: I thought you were talking about me. I do jump to fast some times. Seriously, ask around about the truck I'm talking about. I'm not sure but I don't know of any videos of it.

Lol, no. That's in answer to all the people saying, why can't I spend 40k on a WS truck? You can I recon, but it's fuckin retarded.

WS is supposed to be the just for fun class.

The Duramax with the front tire off the ground is a YouTube spectical. Seen it on a few forums.Then I write you off as a retard. Happens all the time.

To many people have forgotten that we got into this for fun.

Right, it's all about fun, so lighten up phucktard.

And limiting the droop on an independent suspension will cause it to "hang" a wheel. There was no droop, so it wasn't due to massive horsepower in the WS class :D

AfterHoursDiesel.com

I Love My Carbon Footprint

Guest mech2161

Right, it's all about fun, so lighten up phucktard.

And limiting the droop on an independent suspension will cause it to "hang" a wheel. There was no droop, so it wasn't due to massive horsepower in the WS class :D

I've seen others try to limit down travel to that extent with catastrophic results. Remember he was doing this three years ago. So yes I would say it was massive hp in the WS class for it's time. LOL You probably still couldn't hang with him.

Remember he was doing this three years ago. So yes I would say it was massive hp in the WS class for it's time. LOL You probably still couldn't hang with him.

Well, that sums up this place, lots of keyboard mechanics :lol: So, three years is so long ago, before anyone came up with limiting suspensions ideas :lol: Been doing it for over twenty years, this is nothing new :D

Stock appearing or 2.5 is just fine. ;)

AfterHoursDiesel.com

I Love My Carbon Footprint

Guest mech2161

LOL Keyboard mechanic, son I'm probably old enough to be your daddy. Three years, hell yes that's a long time. If you were around long enough you'd realize how fast things have progressed in diesel motor sports. For someone to do that three years ago with a stock appearing charger would be like a two wheel drive truck carrying both front tires.

Well in Florida we relized this and to keep getting new trucks that could afford to keep pulling we have two classes below 2.6, a stock class and a work stock class. The stock class is so the new trucks can pull and not be intimidated. A work stock class for those that dont want to spend money building a motor but allows a little more to be done to the truck so they can compete with a daily driver. Check out our rules pretty simple we have something for all trucks.

http://floridatruckpullers.com/

2005 dodge white flat bed, common rail 2.6 puller

2005 dodge silver sport dually short bed, tow truck

photo-60-3.jpg

Guest mech2161

I read you post on CompD and looked at the rules. I understand what you are trying to do and commend you for it. We never had much of an issue with the truely stock trucks pulling in WS. Everyone starts somewhere. At one of our local monthly pulls the show room class was discussed. There wasn't enough trucks for any payout and the guys would rather take their chances for a couple bucks in WS. I know I may be in the minority but some people are starting to realize that 2.6 has turned the classes up side down. Going from an entry level WS class to a full built high dollar puller in 2.6 doesn't make much sense.

Maybe what should be done in your case is have a class between work stock and 2.6, maybe a class with an "over the counter" turbo. If possible a class with all trucks running the same turbo. Find a turbo maker that wants to sponsor this class and adds addional payouts for this class. This class would pay more, all trucks would have the same amount of air, therefore be very competitve. Maybe have a tag from the manufacture on the turbo somehow keeping it from being opened up. A turbo manufacture may sell a lot of turbos this way, therefore bigger payouts more trucks. Again even more turbos sold. Just an idea because I haven't heard any solutions.

2005 dodge white flat bed, common rail 2.6 puller

2005 dodge silver sport dually short bed, tow truck

photo-60-3.jpg

• 8 months later...

I realize this is very old, I just want to make the point that it varies based on part of country... Like mentioned in NC and FL the WS trucks can jump up to 2.6 and not look downright stupid. That means the classes are closer together and its not such a huge issue. Here in Ohio thats not the case. WS is 550-600hp to be competative, 2.6 is 900hp minimum with several 2.6 trucks into the 1,000-1,100hp range.... Where is this "entry level, fun" class for the beginners?

Wrecked - 1995 F-250 7.3 Power Stroke. Total Diesel Performance, PSGH, DPP, Aeromotive, Stealth, ATS, ISSPro, Terminator Engineering, Bucky's Machine, DLC Diesel.

Work Stock Puller 2007-2011

New Truck - 1997 F-350 7.3 Power Stroke. Beans, Full Force Diesel, Banks, Gearhead Automotive, DLC Diesel, Terminator Engineering.

Getting ready for Work Stock in 2012

Special Thanks To DLC Diesel Performance

• 1 month later...

It's pretty non existent honestly.

Pulling has turned into a money game, not for the faint of heart.

this is the truth. the last event i was at, the stocker boys (girls too) didn't really even hold a candle to the not so stock, pulling in the same class. i should have hooked old red before i traded...

FTE-sig.jpg

• 3 months later...

there are tons of post on other sites about the same thing. i am currently trying to get it passed. putting together a petition for nadm.

99 dodge 3500 silver quad cab dually with a few odds and ends