New guy from southern ohio

My name is Justin. I have loved truck pulling for many years. I love deer hunting, mx quads, and 4x4 truck pulling. I have a 1989 Chevy V3500 I would like to start truck pulling with. It's a white crewcab with 33 inch bf a/t's. Has a mild 460 inch big block with stock heads. Mabe 500-550 horse. Looking to make my first hook with cotpc in 2011. Been to quite a few cotpc pulls and looks like fun. People I've talked to seem like good guys. Hopin to start in the cheater stock class. Nothing stock about but hopefully i can compete within a couple years.

Welcome to the site?

How much HP does a guy need to compete in CS up there?

i would say that a few are 800+ on hores power. not sure what it takes to compete, only hooked with them once and the 2 baddest trucks werent there, as ive been told. the points champ was working that night, a couple of other bad ass pullers were there spectating, i think i ended up in the to 10. there were 19 in the class?? i think. i`m very low hp also, prolly around the 550 mark also. goog luck with the crew cab, there are a couple over here in eastern ohio and they work real well.

Guest Chvyrkr

i would say that a few are 800+ on hores power. not sure what it takes to compete, only hooked with them once and the 2 baddest trucks werent there, as ive been told. the points champ was working that night, a couple of other bad ass pullers were there spectating, i think i ended up in the to 10. there were 19 in the class?? i think. i`m very low hp also, prolly around the 550 mark also. goog luck with the crew cab, there are a couple over here in eastern ohio and they work real well.

Je-zusss...

I think a hot gasser down here is probably 600 max.

The cheater stock class is like southern ohio's hot street class. Southern ohio has a class lower than that called street altered. You have to run factory block and heads. No bigger than 8oocfm carb and run 94 octane pump gas. Thats what I built my truck for. Not alot of participation though. I wish there was. Seems like everybody thinks they have to a damn beast motor to go truck pulling. Oh yeah no hanging weights in this class either!